Sunday, August 10, 2008

Change

I just had a name change operation.
For my blog.

From Single in the Suburbs to Suburban Pal.

Alright it's not a rebranding exercise on the scale of the Dhirubhai Ambani Group but this blog still has a religious following of one and to that fellowship I must explain this move.

Turns out there is BIG columnist called Sara Susannah Katz who has a column of the same name. And "Sara Susannah Katz is a divorced mother of two living in the Midwest. Read each installment of her dating diary below as she searches for love, online and off. " Yikes!!! Seems I was the last to know.

I only found out today as I was clicking Google trying to look if my blog showed up in any search (what's the technical term for it...Ego surf I think or to me more accurate it should be called Blogegoing - ok that's a 'maybe' though I'm tempted to add you heard it first from your Suburban Pal)

Anyway, on discovering Ma'am Katz's existence I decided I Kan't have a column of the same name (Sushmita Bose's Single in the City made me uncomfortable to start with and it wasn't even online) and instantly went in for a re-namkaran ceremony.

It took me less than 3 minutes - I lOVE BLOGSPOT! but the strange thing is --- post facto -- It does feel like CHANGE.
It's like some part of my online personality and the subject matter on this blog has been affected and will subsequently be molded by this new friendly name. A bit like naming your baby Happy Singh could destine him to spend a good part of his life chasing hens in a Punjab village....but then that's real life.. and this is virtual.

Even Superman didn't intrude into Clark Kent's life.

Is there a deeper reason why IBM (someone out there invented the working WWW no so they could put up scores from Olympic games!!) sounds like I be M?

Or is it just me whining about nothing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Change is always difficult.