Sunday, October 19, 2008

A treat for your computer screen

An important part of being a friend is to introduce your friends to experiences that will add instant delight to their life. It's not a stated rule but that's how friendship works (if it hasn't struck you so far well try noticing now). Hearing about a nice movie, restaurant, sale, new phone and so much more is best from a friend's mouth. Not to mention most believable. I've often been introduced to new concepts and things by friends, not necessarily only close buddies, and that has left me richer for the experience.

So as your suburban pal here's my little pouch of delight for you. An idea that hooks you instantly and for good - if you just go ahead and try it once.

A treat for your computer screen and you.

I'm talking about the pleasure of an awesome photograph as your desktop background.

My personal choice is

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/photo-contest/wallpaper

where pictures from some of the world's best photographs and interesting places come together. And there's a new batch to choose from every week.

I usually visit the site every couple of weeks when I'm beginning to get a little tired of the current masterpiece on my desktop. I know the new one will add a little bit of joy to my life every time I look at it.

And that's saying a lot in these troubled times isn't it?

Try it!

No comments: